Barbecue is any meat lover’s paradise and enriching it by bringing in exotic types of meat recipes to complement the grill is bliss in itself. Bored of chicken, you can always go through many other horizons that the poultry has to offer – pork being one of them. Although the protein savvy’s perspective to pork remains intact, it tastes as good. And, when combined with the skill on the barbecue, there is nothing that sounds better. In this article, we take a look at Pork Tenderloin with flavors barging in all the way from Jamaica. Let’s see how it fares on the cooking side.
- Time required
No matter what barbecue recipe it is, even if it takes over a day, it is always worth the wait. Thankfully though, this recipe takes nothing more than an hour.
- Nutritional information
Barbecue Jamaican Pork Tenderloin comes with a bunch. Here is what it has to offer:
- 24 grams of protein
- 6 grams of total carbohydrates
- Total fat at 6 grams
- Davy Crockett Pellet Grill
- Cholesterol at 74 milligrams
- And, a gram of dietary fiber
Along with that, the recipe being discussed here has 143 calories.
- What you will need
Ensure that the following ingredients are at hand before you proceed with the cooking process:
- About a pound of pork tenderloin, visible fat cut out
- A teaspoon paste of tomato
- A tablespoon of cinnamon, ground
- ½ teaspoon of onion, powdered
- Half a teaspoon of garlic, powdered
- Half a teaspoon of ginger, ground
- Salt to taste
- A tablespoon of allspice, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon of cloves, ground
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, powdered
- Two teaspoons full of brown sugar packed firmly
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper ground freshly
- 2 teaspoons of white vinegar
- One and a half teaspoons of honey, dark
Once these items are arranged for, be ready for a smooth cooking process.
- The procedure
You are required to mix allspice, brown sugar, cayenne, cloves, pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, cinnamon and salt in a little bowl. Apply the mixture onto pork and allow a standing time of 15 minutes.
Take honey, tomato paste, vinegar and salt, and combine them in another little bowl. Blend these using a whisker and keep aside for the time.
Preheat your grill up to 400 degrees F. Take the pork on a grill rack. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium-high flame, flipping frequently until all sides appear browned. Lower the heat and carry on cooking for another 15 minutes. Use the vinegar-honey mixture prepared before to baste the pork. Grill further until an inserted thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Take roughly 5 minutes longer before transferring on a cutting board. Allow a standing time of 5 minutes before chopping.
Arrange the pieces of pork on a serving platter and serve.
Your Barbecue Pork Tenderloin is thus ready to impress with its exotic flavors. To bring it out into the reality, it is advisable to shun laziness and prepare your grill.